Try our delicious Hamantaschen recipe below!
Midrash Manicures Sweet Hamantaschen
1 cup sugar
½ cup oil
½ cup margarine
1/2 cup orange juice
4 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Popular fillings include:
Apricot jam, Raspberry jam, Chocolate chips, Prune filling & Strawberry jam
- Cream sugar, oil, and margarine. Then add eggs and juice, and add remaining dry ingredients, and mix together well.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate it for a few hours, 2-3 at the minimum, before rolling it on wax paper covered with flour (to prevent it from sticking). You might want to tape the wax paper to your tabletop so that it is easier to roll the dough.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten chunks of the dough. Not all of the dough needs to be rolled at the same time. It’s easier to do chunks of dough in sections about the size of a tennis ball.
- Once the dough is flattened you can use a drinking glass to cut out circles from the dough. Then you can use a teaspoon to put a little bit of filling in the middle before sealing up the Hamantaschen. The less filling you put in the center, the better, so that the center won’t ooze out in the oven. You can dunk your fingers in a bit of water before pinching the holes of the triangle, so that the Hamantaschen can seal more tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden, on greased baking pan.